Saturday, May 15, 2021

 New Life in the Spring of 2021

     I have had some new changes since St. Brigid's Day on February 1 that have been a true blessing to me.  The Lord in His mercy finally broke the pattern of constant despair and fear that had beset our family since April of 2020, allowing me to get a job with a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church as their Director of Music Ministries and Organist.  It is the nicest job I've ever had with the nicest staff I've ever had the pleasure to work with!  This is in 30 years of working in church music.  The commute isn't bad either, only thirty minutes from my house straight down a road that is not a highway or tollway. I got the job first as an interim position on February 23, 2021.  Then, on April 11, the administration of the church decided to make my position permanent, deciding to renew my contract for the next year.

     I do a variety of music at the Lutheran church: the traditional high liturgical music that I love in the classical style, leading a Praise band (which is quite fun and uplifting), and music for a Spanish service that ranges from contemporary to indigenous folk.  The whole way of handling music--when choirs sing, etc.--is done in a more healthy and balanced way in this church than in many of my previous experience.  So, I am thankful to God for His manifold blessings and to the Mother of God for her unceasing help, protection and intercessions.  I am also thankful to St. Basil of Ostrog, our family saint, for his intercessions, to Tsar Martyr Nicholas II for his help, and to St. Brigid of Kildare for the many miracles she has worked for our family this past spring. 

    When I am not busy at my job, I still have time to attend services as I am able at my Orthodox parish of St. Sava.

    Christ is Risen!  Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment